Now available for appointments!
Spinal Manipulation and Chiro Adjustment
This is a specific, high velocity (fast) and low amplitude (force) technique directed at the intended joint in order to improve spinal/joint motion and improve function.
Benefits of an adjustment:
- improved range of motion at the joint
- Improve the function of the involved and surrounding nervous system
- Decrease the pain signals to our brain
- Release involved musculature
- Allow for improved blood flow and increased healing to injury
Soft Tissue Therapy/ Active Release Technique/ Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue
These are all forms of soft tissue techniques we use in a treatment. The purpose of our hands or tools is to break down tight muscles with adhesions (knots) or scar tissue. This releases the soft tissue to enhance movement and relieve associated pain.
Benefits of soft tissue therapy:
- Breakdown adhesions and scar tissue
- Return muscles, tendons and ligaments to optimal length and function
- Reduction of DOMS (delayed muscle soreness)
- Increased recovery and return to activity/ sport
- Improved movement and body function
The cup is suctioned to the skin for a short term in order to treat the tissue and injury site. It can be left in one place or moved by the patient/practitioner providing movement.
Benefits of cupping
- Reduction of pain signals to the brain
- Release muscle tension and nerve adhesions
- Increases blood flow to the cup and the injury site.
- Release fascial adhesions
Dry needling is a safe and effective treatment that involves the use of a small needle inserted into a muscles trigger point/spasm, in order to relax and release the involved muscle tissue. (No injection of any substance).
Benefits of Dry Needling
- Intramuscular needle stimulation allows for efficient and direct release of tight muscles
- By breaking through skin we stimulate an influx of healing cells to the damaged area.
- These cells accompany an increase in blood flow, new blood = new tissue repair
Low Level Laser Therapy
This modality uses infra-red light as an energy source to stimulate cell and tissue healing within the body. This promotes the body’s natural healing process.
Benefits of Laser Therapy include:
- Increase in blood flow to the target area
- Decrease in local inflammation (plantar fasciitis, knee osteoarthritis, tendinitis and many more)
- Decrease in associated pain perception
- Increase Range of motion in joints and tissue
- Breakdown of chronic scar tissue (past muscle tears, post-surgical, chronic muscle postural tightness)
- Improve nerve function
- Faster healing time